Mindy Henderson has had a life full of health challenges. From a young age she has learned to live with her struggles and adversity with a positive and grateful spirit. Mindy is a motivational speaker, accountability and health coach, podcaster and writer. Mindy has lived through so much. With her experiences she can connect and understand other’s struggles. This allows her to help people find their hope and achieve the strength and courage to journey on to the next step.
In this episode of Unique Leaders, Mindy shares the lessons she has learned through her journey.
- Adversity is not an excuse it’s an opportunity to do something meaningful
- Pay attention to your thoughts
- A mindset is a choice. Strive to have a positive mental attitude.
- Learn acceptance. We fight so hard against things that are out of our control. Learn to be open to the challenges we face and allow things to happen they way they will.
- It’s okay to be afraid but do what scares you anyway. Focus your attention on courage and not on fear.
- In most things in life, you will survive. Everything will be okay
- Things might not turn out how you want them to, but they always turn out better.
- Be resilient! Keep having hope and being open to how things are. Continue to live life and build your resilience muscle. This will make you more prepared for hardships that come up along the way
- We all have limitations but there is always a way to overcome them. Keep a positive mindset and work towards that goal
About the Guest:
Mindy Henderson is a Motivational Speaker, Writer, Coach, Podcaster and guest contributor of “Morning Motivational Tips” on CBS Austin’s “We Are Austin” lifestyle morning show.
Living life from a wheelchair, the challenges she has overcome cultivated the very skills in her that she needed to achieve almost every goal she’s ever set for herself, to achieve great success and now make her uniquely qualified to motivate others to see their potential.
About the Host:
Megan Di Martino is a New York girl deep in the heart of Texas! A lifelong creator of beauty with a serving, mentoring spirit. She has started, scaled, sustained and sold 2 seven figure businesses in the Skin Care-Spa Industry. Her purpose is to build teams that in turn build businesses. In January 2020, her book went to number one on Amazon. In April 2020, her award-winning skin care line, Novita Spa Clinicals, was nominated in the Product Innovation Category, for the Austin Women’s Way Awards. Megan is now continuing to speak, write, coach and consult with businesses and individuals to help them reach their dreams, goals and desires. “Novita…New Birth…New Life…Always Something New…That’s My Promise.”
Thanks for listening!
Thanks so much for listening to our podcast! If you enjoyed this episode and think that others could benefit from listening, please share it using the social media buttons on this page.
Do you have some feedback or questions about this episode? Leave a comment in the section below!
Subscribe to the podcast
If you would like to get automatic updates of new podcast episodes, you can subscribe to the podcast on Apple Podcasts or Stitcher. You can also subscribe in your favorite podcast app.
Leave us an Apple Podcasts review
Ratings and reviews from our listeners are extremely valuable to us and greatly appreciated. They help our podcast rank higher on Apple Podcasts, which exposes our show to more awesome listeners like you. If you have a minute, please leave an honest review on Apple Podcasts.